Cap Karma

This blog is set up for the cap making community of ladies at the San Francisco International Airport. The caps are for chemo patients and are donated to a local hospital. The hand made caps (knitted or crocheted) are a token of our prayers and well wishes for the recipient.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Striped Slip Stitch Hat


Here's another hat (32nd hat for Cap Karma, woohoo!) ... my first attempt at using 2 colors in a hat. I had to try to use up the odds & ends, and this is what resulted. Almost didn't have enough pink to get to the top, otherwise I would have continued striping in the decrease, but I think it turned out OK the way it came out. I'm thinking I need to get some more white or neutral colored yarn if I'm going to try doing this again with any other odds & ends, cuz I can't imagine some of the odds & ends working together unless paired with a white/neutral color. Or maybe I just need to learn more about color theory, etc...

I've posted the pattern here:
http://smariek.blogspot.com/2006/11/striped-slip-stitch-hat.html
.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 10:43 PM, Blogger V. said...

Very pretty hat!

 
At 11/14/2006 10:59 PM, Blogger smariek said...

Thanks! I have to say it's gotta be my first "normal" looking/shaped hat. lol.

DH looked at the photo and thought it looked like gridiron (because the horizontal white stripes look like they bulge outwards like the vertical slip stitches), but then I put on the hat for him to see, and then he said it looks much better in real life.

 
At 11/15/2006 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a cheerful and cute hat. Thank you for the pattern. SK

 
At 11/15/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Bucky said...

Cute hat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home