Cap Karma

This blog is set up for the cap making community of ladies at the San Francisco International Airport. The caps are for chemo patients and are donated to a local hospital. The hand made caps (knitted or crocheted) are a token of our prayers and well wishes for the recipient.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Where did the week go??

If it seems like I might have fallen off the planet - that might actually have been the case because I am not sure how this week just buzzed right by and what exactly I did....

I think between being disoriented by the time change (gaining one hour - right!) and starting a new book, I think I just kind of regressed from the world. Nothing quite like a good book.

Anyhows, I am still knitting the one cap I frogged but hope to finish it this weekend and start a crochet project.

Last week I visited the Terminal 2 knitting club over lunch. Shared in with all their WIPs (works in progress) and FO (finished objects). I don't normally step away for lunch, so it was nice to do so and see what everyone was up to.

I will have to stop in on the IT group and see what they're doing.

Anyone interested in learning how to use 2 circular needles to knit caps (and never use dpns)? Smariek knits her caps this way and I know that Christina and I are both interested in learning. Maybe we can get S to come visit for a show and tell.

Some photos from the visit.

Here's Andree showing off a finished sock.


Marisa and Christina dicussing Christina's cap in progress.


Marilou and Marisa both working on shawls


And Yvette bashful behind hers.


Rebecca and Andree working away.

1 Comments:

At 11/04/2006 1:39 PM, Blogger smariek said...

It was great seeing what y'all are working on. I'm working on my Trilamellatum MK Hat and am stuck on how to do the top. :-\ Can't quite decide what kind of decrease I want to do ... stockinette? reverse stockinette? seed stitch?

Would love to stop by sometime to see the gang. I haven't figured out when would be a good time, what with my fussy little girl and her unpredictable nap schedule (if you can call it that).

Rebecca: What is that purplish variegated yarn you are using? It's got such a beautiful colorway.

Marilou & Marisa: You guys are amazing to be able to work on such an ambitious project as a shawl. I started the Flower Basket Shawl last year and put it aside, it was just too arduous for me, plus I haven't quite got the hang of reading charts.

Marisa: Pretty hat! I haven't learned how to do color changes, but I should do that sometime soon as single colored hats are rather boring. I like the scalloped edging on your hat.

Andree: Cute sock. I hope you don't suffer from SSS (Second Sock Syndrome), lol. I still have yet to make my very first sock... someday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home