Cap Karma

This blog is set up for the cap making community of ladies at the San Francisco International Airport. The caps are for chemo patients and are donated to a local hospital. The hand made caps (knitted or crocheted) are a token of our prayers and well wishes for the recipient.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

How do you pronounce that?

So I've had a few of you ask how to pronounce Smariek, well, I wish I knew. And when you make reference to that, I have to really think about who you're talking about - and then I think, oh "S".

Let's look at Smariek another way - "S" stands for the first name, "K" for the last and then what you have is Marie. And I know that's a whole lot easier for all of you. But S - I will not be calling you Marie.

I've been thinking that we should profile our group members, like I did for Tania. And while I did introduce you all to Smariek/Marie, I didn't really elaborate. Marie let me know if you'd like to share a photo of yourself.

I've known Marie for 20 years (yes, it's been that long). She's the first friend I made when I came to this country, met her volunteering at a hospital. Turned out that I was headed for the same high school she was attending.

Marie is a mom and a former IT person. Her little girl, M, is 19 months and keeps mom very busy. It's surprising to me that Marie has time to do anything at all with little M but she's cooking with the blog and patterns, while keeping up with everything else in her life.

She has created a few of the cap patterns listed on this blog:
3 AM Cable Hat (created during the middle-of-the-night feedings)
Asherton Hat
Cap Karma Hat
Claudia Hat

Other than knitting (like crazy - check out her other creations at her blog) , she enjoys cooking, reading, sudoku, photography and is a connoisseur of wine and tea. She is learning latin and says she is learning french but I know she speaks french fluently.

Thanks Marie for all your great ideas and with this blog, blogger and the code stuff that makes this blog function the way it does.

2 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 11:09 PM, Blogger smariek said...

That can't be right, we're still in our mid 20s... ;-)

 
At 10/28/2006 11:00 PM, Blogger V. said...

Yes, we are still in our mid 20s - denial is a nice thing and who says we've got to feel our age??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home