Cap Karma

This blog is set up for the cap making community of ladies at the San Francisco International Airport. The caps are for chemo patients and are donated to a local hospital. The hand made caps (knitted or crocheted) are a token of our prayers and well wishes for the recipient.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

More caps

I went to see Tania yesterday (you've seen pictures of her before modeling some of our caps). She used to work at the airport as an intern but now lives and works up north. She's an incredibly talented crafts-woman (and an engineer). While glassworking is her passion (you've probably seen me wearing some of her glass jewelry at one point or another), she also crochets/knits, makes bead jewelry, photographs and stamps. Check out the caps she has made for the cause.













I am getting ready to knit a cap and remembered that I've got to use a stitch marker - last round I kept losing the little rings and wanted to account for all of them because I didn't want our cats eating them - so I spent a lot of time trying to find the lost ones. Since I thought of that yesterday - I asked Tania to make me a stitch marker that was a bit bigger (and prettier) that would not get lost as easily. I got to watch as she made the big striped bead (photo below with the styling UV blocking glasses), and then design and put together the whole thing. The photo doesn't do it justice.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 12:21 AM, Blogger smariek said...

Wow, Tania, those caps are great! I really do need to learn how to crochet, and also learn how to do color changes. Your stitch marker is beautiful. You are so talented!

V - Remember our comparison between cats & babies? I did the same thing with my small plastic stitch markers after M arrived since they are a choking hazard. I KNOW I have a few wedged somewhere in/under the recliner and sofa; they just go flying off my needle out to whoknowswhere.

 
At 10/24/2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

V - I would love to see this cute stitch marker. Show me if you've time.

 
At 10/26/2006 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

S - I absolutely love your Claudia hat. Actually, all your hats are amazing. I really need to learn how to knit hats and well, practice. Thanks for your kind words!

 
At 1/29/2015 2:30 AM, Anonymous Serviced Apartments Resident said...

Those caps are fantastic, they all look so flattering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home